Location: Metropolitan West, W. 46th Street, New York, New York
Event Time: 8:00 am – 7:45 pm
David Hernandez is CEO of Liberty Power, a company he co-founded in 2001. Under Mr. Hernandez’s leadership, Liberty Power has become the largest independent retail electricity supplier in the United States—in only ten years. According to Hispanic Business, Liberty Power is one of the ten largest Hispanic-owned companies in the country, serving nearly 200,000 business and residential accounts across the electric retailer’s national footprint. Liberty Power has served over 20% of the Fortune 500 companies as well as several federal agencies and municipalities.
In 2014, Latino Leaders recognized Mr. Hernandez as one of the Top 10 Latinos in Energy. In both 2013 and 2010, Mr. Hernandez, and fellow co-founder, Alberto Daire were honored as finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year in the State of Florida. In 2008, Mr. Hernandez was recognized by the South Florida Business Journal as a Diamond Award Winner. In 2007, he was named Businessman of the Year by the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. In 2006, Mr. Hernandez received the Entrepreneur of the Year Award from the National Hispanic Professional Organization.
A native of Cuba, Mr. Hernandez graduated Magna Cum Laude from Palm Beach Atlantic University in Palm Beach, Florida, with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, and later earned an MBA from the New York University Stern School of Business. In 2004, he was awarded NYU Stern’s Distinguished Alumni Award. Mr. Hernandez serves on the Boards of the Cuba Study Group and the Latino Donor Collaborative.
Audrey Zibelman, an internationally recognized expert in energy policy, markets and innovation, was confirmed as a Commissioner of the NY Public Service Commission on June 19, 2013, and was named Chair on September 3, 2013.
As PSC Chair, she sits on the State Energy Planning Board and Chair of the NY Siting Board. She sits on the board of the NY State Energy Research and Development Authority, the board of the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative Inc., the NY State Disaster Preparedness Commission, and the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management Task Force.
Ms. Zibelman received her B.A. from Pennsylvania State University and her J.D. from Hamline University School of Law.
– John vlahavas of MP2 Energy
– Joel Glassman of Discount Power Inc.
– Peter Muzsi of ConEd Solutions
– Mike Stein of IDT Energy Inc
– Peter Duprey of Mint Energy
– Gabe Phillips of GP Energy Management
– Klaudet Ristovski of Plymouth Rock Energy.
– Jason Garrett of Spark Energy
– Mike Perna of ConEd Solutions
– Xavier Yrauzquin of Infinite Energy
– Christina Hiller of Znalytics
– Amy Gasca of Just Energy
– Andrew Singer of Constellation
– Mike Beck of Direct Energy
– John Hanger of Consultant-Secretary of Energy, PA
– Richard Berkeley of PULP
– Paul Ring of Energy Choice Matters
– Tony Menchaca of Verde
– Kevin McMinn of USG&E
– Alan Shulman of HUDSON Energy
– Prashant Mupparapu of Macquarie Energy
– Deryl Brown of North American Power
– Tom Mattzie of Ethical Electric
– Michael Fallquist of Crius Energy
– Gustav Beerel of Customized Energy Solutions
– David Hernandez of Liberty Power